It’s so cliche. Talking about goals in January. But, here I am, doing just that. As January draws to a close I thought I would share some of my goals for 2018 so I can have them listed in one place, and also for a little accountability. Not that I expect you to keep up with my goals or ask me how I’m doing (you’re totally welcome to do so), but there’s something about sharing a goal with others that creates a sense of accountability.
So here they are – what I can remember, at least – in no particular order:
- Read the Bible in its entirety
- Finish the planner God told me to create
- Read (something other than the Bible) 3 days a week
- Blog more regularly (1st Quarter – Once a month, 2nd – Twice, and so on)
- Post on Instagram more regularly (4 times a day)
- Figure out why my endocrine system seems to dislike me
- Continue to adjust my diet to see what works best for my body (see above)
- Take a 20 minutes bath once a week
- Lead two sessions of The Wellness Revelation
That list is longer than it seemed in my head. I’m not stressing though. I’ve already made progress on most of the goals.
- Bible – I have finished Genesis and Job, and I’m current on my Bible reading plan
- Planner – I am taking two days in February to finish it
- Reading – I was reading a chapter every day but scaled it back to three times a week
- Blog – I’m writing and posting this before midnight
- Instagram – I’ve had a couple of hiccups but have posted on average 4 times a day
- Endocrine system – In March I’ll be getting an analysis of hormone imbalances
- Diet – I’m leaning towards an anti-inflammatory diet. The whole Keto thing…I don’t know, but I have a feeling it would trigger hormone issues rather than solve them.
- Baths – So far I’ve kept up with the weekly baths.
- The Wellness Revelation – I was going to lead my first session starting in February, but I need to nail down the days and times.
So, how about you? Are you more of a resolution, ONE WORD, or a list of goals kind of a person?
6 thoughts on “#Goals”
I love this post!! I always have plans of things I need/want to work on, but I never write them down. I need to start doing that!! Also, have you tried any essential oils to help with your endocrine imbalances. I haven’t used them, but I have a couple friends who have added that to a few changes they made. It seemed to really help them both! Your blog is fantastic!
Hey Kaycee! I recently incorporated two essential oils, along with Vitex Berry and Ashwaganda and the combination of all four seem to be helping. A. Lot. Thank you for the encouraging words!
Love the blog. I think I am more of a resolution type of person, but that is not working out for me at the moment. I will have to get an accountability partner and maybe try using list that I post my daily/monthly/yearly goals.
Thank you for the encouragement, Alicia! Having an accountability partner – even if it’s a journal or planner – is super helpful. As far as writing/posting daily, monthly, and yearly goals, I am putting the finishing touches on a planner I created. It’s all about grace-filled living when it comes to goals. I think you’d like it!
Faith, fit and mommy is the definition of my wife. Here are a few of videos of her from 2013/2014 competition days and she is a mother of 3.
That’s so awesome! Competitions are so stressful with the strict dieting, so I totally understand her not doing them anymore. I am a certified Revelation Wellness instructor and based on our conversation I think it would be a great resource for her, and she might even consider becoming an instructor. http://www.revelationwellness.org